Well to start off, I don't think I disagree with any of your points per
se.

Perhaps it's a matter of scope.  Kevin and I seem to agree we want a
lightweight standard way of accessing Struts Applications via
Axis....not replace Struts User Interfaces, not build a primary Axis
back end using Struts (at least not yet).

We agree Struts has lots of power though, as you say.

If you try to do something with Axis4Struts or any tool for that matter,
that it wasn't designed to do, then your bad, eh?

If you take the Actor->Request->Process->Response->Actor flow and ignore
the details, shouldn't we be able to change Actors and leave everything
else the same, reuse everything else?  I think so.  I don't think
Applications as Actors using Axis to access a Struts application need to
have as robust a response as a User in a Browser and if the output
generator doesn't have to populate lots of navigation widgets and menu
widgets and so forth, as would be the case in a SOAP Response, then that
reduces the load on the process and simplifies.  If all the SOAP
Response contains is the xml of the data...just the data requested not
all the GUI elements too, then that has value...that I know I can use.

Michael Oliver
AppsAsPeers LLC
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747