Is ASF allowed to distribute Sun JDK? Not AFAIK.

I think main argument is license, ex: what is cost of JSF? Is it similar to JBoss issue?
I am not against JSF integration w/Struts at all. The more the better.

When there is only a single choice, this can't be good, standard or not. No one has educated me with another example of ASF file link like this. (and endorsing a replacement. Ex: On Tomcat 5 there is no files on apache.org... use BEA, here is the jar)
I would feel better (and you would feel better for making me feel better :-) if others were listed as integrating with Struts with any disclaimer you want. (Ex: XYZ integrates with Struts but is not Standard to JCP 666, but this jar here is standard).
OR: put the url link on Struts site, but the files outside of apache.org on sf.net or wherever, so someone has a chance to think I trust ASF but now I have linked outside of ASF. (just in case it blows up)

Unless ASF is endorsing JSF and I .... just didt't get it.

Looks like no one jumping to my side, therefore end of discussion.
With a large pool you will not please everyone, I am not pleased. Some diversity is OK, so just say let me pout.

.V

(on technology side, majority of my revenue contribution is project recovery, ya)

Steve Raeburn wrote:
Vic,

The JSF Expert group includes :

Specification Lead
Ed Burns               Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Craig R. McClanahan    Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Expert Group
Aligo, Inc.             Apache Software Foundation
BEA Systems             Bayern, Shawn
Bergsten, Hans          Berkovitz, Joseph
Bogaert, Mathias        Borland Software Corporation
Carapetyan, Pete        Developmentor
Documentum, Inc.        Droplets, Inc.
EDS                     Fujitsu Limited
Geary, David            Hewlett-Packard
IBM                     ILOG
IONA Technologies PLC   Lazarus, Eric
Macromedia, Inc.        Mettu, Kumar
Nash, Michael           Netdecisions Holdings United
Novell, Inc.            Oracle
SAS Institute Inc.      Siemens AG
Strachan, James         Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Zukowski, John A.

That's a fairly representative sample of the industry, so I think we can
definitely conclude that JSF != Sun either.

If you don't think JSF is the right technical direction, then that's one
thing, but you are undermining your argument by making this about licensing
and Sun.

Steve