Robert Leland wrote:

Steve Raeburn wrote:

I have committed the first step in transitioning the web site documentation
to valid XHTML.

As far as I know we were planning to move over to Maven or forrest.
I have been working on Mavenizing items as I can.
Instead of doing the stylesheets maybe your efforts
could be directed towards integrating those xml docs into
maven ?

Do we want to hold a formal vote/lazy consensus on what doc
system we are moving to ?

I would go with Maven only because it provides a number of usefull reports.
I don't care for the standard Maven look, but believe it's better than what we have.

My main concern is to make sure whatever we pick
Maven/Forrest that it's around and thriving a year from now.
maven is very active but they also seem to be going through
a large refactoring to reduce the memory footprint. Forrest is
supposed to be slower and a bigger memory foot print, but I could care
unless about that if it doesn't crash my JVM.

The struts site now builds with a basic maven look, maven beta 10.
We just need to hook in the doc xml which shoudln't be too bad, since there is a stylesheet directory
under xdocs. If you take a look at those wild and crazy Tapestry guys
it looks like you can really hack the look and feel to anything you want.

-Rob