I've added back the contributors list, moving it to the left column, under
the menu.
For and example, see:
http://www.ninsky.com/struts/site/userGuide/preface.html

Enabling the list is controlled by an 'authors' attribute at both project
level, via the project.xml file, and for each document.

  <project name="Struts User's Guide"
           href="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide";
          image="../images/struts.gif"
        authors="true">

-and/or -

  <document url="struts-html.html" authors="true">

If a document level attribute is specified, it will override the project
level attribute.
If neither is specfied , no list will be output.
If an attribute is specified, anything other than "true" will be interpreted
as false.

I think I've set it up to output on most of the pages the before. Please
feel free to amend as you see fit.

Steve