--- Steve Raeburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've updated the Maven build to generate some documentation. Use 'maven
> site' to generate it.
>
> I copied the documentation over from docs to xdocs. There are some
> differences between the tags expected by the Maven xdoc transofrmation
> and our existing XSL transformation. It's causing some funky formatting
> at the moment, but it will be fixable. I've noticed the following so
> far:
>
>   - <chapter> elements are not recognized. I've changed them to
> <section> for now.
>   - Block code examples need to be wrapped in a <source> tag. See
> index.xml for an example.
>   - Many (all?) of the anchors aren't operational
>
> I've also been experimenting with customization of the site. Main
> changes are in project.properties, but I've also added a custom JSL
> stylesheet (struts.jsl) which would allow complete control over the
> generated site. You might find the current look familiar ;-)
>
> TODO:
>   - Figure out the best way to migrate the xml docs
>    (essentially change the source docs or change the JSL stylesheet)
>   - Generate tlds and taglib documentation
>   - Look into using the multi-project plugin to build webapps & contrib
>   - Play with the Cactus plugin to get the other tests running
>
> Anyone who wants to explore Maven, feel free to dive in :-)

You're going to delete the old versions in /doc right?  We certainly don't
want to maintain 2 versions of our docs.  It would be good not to lose the
cvs history on all of these in the moves to xdocs so maybe we can just
move the files in the filesystem on cvs.apache.org instead of just
checking in brand new versions in xdocs?

David