lol Steve,
I wonder that myself sometimes. But eventually you'll save alot of time and energy by extending the default task versus having to write the whole thing from scratch.
Regarding generating the TLD files I'm not exactly sure what u mean by that. Do you mean like XDoclets generates TLDs?
-Tim

Steve Raeburn wrote:

Tim,

Thanks for the patch. I took a look, and it will certainly help. There
are a few more things that need to be tackled before we're ready to
create the distribution with Maven.

1. Generate the TLD files (& docs)
2. Run the Cactus tests
3. Build the web apps
4. Migrate the documentation

Inspired by your patch, I realize that we might be able to do some of
that by calling Ant tasks. It does raise one question about Maven. If we
still have to write Ant tasks, is there enough benefit in switching to
Maven? We'll see how it shakes out :-)

Steve