David Graham wrote:
You're going to delete the old versions in /doc right?  We certainly don't
want to maintain 2 versions of our docs.  It would be good not to lose the
cvs history on all of these in the moves to xdocs so maybe we can just
move the files in the filesystem on cvs.apache.org instead of just
checking in brand new versions in xdocs?

If we're ready to convert the documentation to Maven, then we could just point the xdoc plugin at our doc directory by setting the maven.docs.src property.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/xdoc/properties.html

I'm OK with doing this, but it should be a deliberate decision, and we should probably have an actual vote.

Of course, there is still some work to do, and I can help with that over the next week. But I think the end is in sight :)