What happens now is that the tlds are defined in XML documents that are
run through an XSLT transform. This allow both the tld files and the
taglib documenation to be produced from the same source.

It confused the hell out of me when I first tried to edit the tld files,
but I think it's a very cool feature.

See
/docs/userGuide/struts-bean.xml
/docs/userGuide/struts-html.xml
etc.

/docs/stylesheets/tld.xsl is used to generate the actual tlds
/docs/stylesheets/struts.xsl generates the documentation

I don't think it should be hard to move this across to Maven (we could
always write an Ant task :-)), it just needs some effort to do it.

Steve