I agree that the mismatch is odd (ie. confusing), but my vote would be to
make the <html:options> collection attribute act like the <logic:iterate>
collection attribute.  My reasoning is that I have several static methods
that return collections that could be used to populate the select lists, and
it would be nice to access them directly instead of having to get to them
via a property in a bean.

Vic