Sounds good to me...

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 16:21
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Mismatch Between <html:options> and <logic:iterate>

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Fickes, Vic wrote:

> I agree that the mismatch is odd (ie. confusing),

You know how things get out of sync no matter how hard you try?  Well,
this was one of them :-(.

 but my vote would be to
> make the <html:options> collection attribute act like the <logic:iterate>
> collection attribute.  My reasoning is that I have several static methods
> that return collections that could be used to populate the select lists,
and
> it would be nice to access them directly instead of having to get to them
> via a property in a bean.

I also think the current <logic:iterate> behavior is more useful, and
suggest that we change <html:options> to match.

As a nod towards backwards compatibility, how about if we make
String it will still be treated as a bean name?  This behavior would be
deprecated, but would avoid instantly breaking old code.

> Vic

Craig