On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Liz Anderson wrote:

> Im trying to convert an example app that was running in struts .5 (its the
> auctionstation3 for those of you familiar with that example) to run in
> 1.0b1. I am getting the following error when i startup tomcat when it gets
> to my app:
>
> Digester.getParser:
> java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation

The most common cause of "sealing violation" errors is when you have more
than one XML parser visible to your web application, and one of them is
the JAXP 1.0 or 1.1 release (in which jaxp.jar and crimson.jar are both
"sealed").

Since you are running Tomcat 3.x, the XML parser that it uses (normally
found in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory) is already visible to web apps,
so you don't need to add a second one in WEB-INF/lib.

If that's not the problem, check your class path and/or system extensions
directory ($JAVA_HOME/jre/ilb/ext) for extra XML parsers.

> Liz

Craig