You can spend your time writing system programing (bugs?, performance?,
document? new hires? future?) and write yet another mvc, (do you think
you can out do the Struts team of Craig, Ted, Martin, Cedric,
Winterfeld, etc. etc, what they did for the last few years?)
or
spend your time re-using working/tested/ documented/ books on it code
and do applications programing to solve a bus. problem.

Some people drive a car to work (use technology) others get under the
car and tweak a combustion engine (get used by technology).

You should do what you think will let you build an app faster for your
client/employer.

v.