From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 10:32 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Axis/SOAP proposal for Struts

Mike -

I've also put a great deal of thought to this idea. In "Struts Kick
Start"
I wrote a chapter on integration between Struts and Axis. I included a
sample application as well as build scripts and detailed instructions
for
building and running it.

I also use web services heavily at work and use Axis (as well as the
Weblogic web services components).

I've also been negotiating with another publisher to coauthor an Axis
book
- and two Axis commiters are my coauthors. Our proposal has been
accepted
by them and we are getting close to contract.

I'd like to be part of your group on this effort. Maybe we can set
something up at sourceforge. My initial thoughs are a bit different than
yours in terms of the design, but I think we can work things out.

Kevin

http://www.strutskickstart.com

             "Mike Oliver"                     To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           cc: (bcc: Kevin
Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
             01/17/2003 10:45 AM               Subject:  Axis/SOAP
proposal for Struts
             Please respond to "Struts

             Users Mailing List"

Struts Users,

I would like to propose that Struts be extended to support another entry
point.  The ActionServlet would be augmented by an Axis/SOAP Web
Services Interface to Struts.  FormBeans would be part of the payload
for requests.  Responses would be generated by Forwards for SOAP.  This
new Axis entry point would do the same work as ActionServlet with the
only significant difference being the construction of the FormBean.
Incoming SOAP Requests would be configured to call the same
RequestHandlers and as far as the actions go they won't know that the
source was an HTML Form or a serialized FormBean.

I feel this will give a great deal of flexibility to Applications where
they want a Web Browser User Interface as well as Web Services for the
same Application Data Model and Business Logic.

I am planning on doing this anyway, and felt it applicable to this group
and would offer to share it as a sub project and would welcome
contributions of thought, expertise and code.

Michael Oliver
Chief Technology Officer
AppsAsPeers LLC
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
520.574.1150 Voice
520.844.1036 Fax
520.270.8862 Cell
http://www.appsaspeers.com <http://www.appsaspeers.com/>  Home Page
[EMAIL PROTECTED] SMS
http://www.ollie.ezpeer.net <http://www.ollie.ezpeer.net/>  Personal
Home Page
http://www.ollie.im-live.com/im-live/  Instant Chat
[EMAIL PROTECTED] MSN Messenger
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo Instant Messenger
MikeOliverAZ Aol Instant Messenger

---
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the
use
information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt
from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that
For additional commands, e-mail: