What about 4.1.18? 4.1.20 isn't a release build so it's possible that it's a bug in the container.

David

From: Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: NPE, webapp broken after moving to 1.1-rc1
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:44:15 -0700

> In short, please try clearing out the directory where your web container
> stores the translated JSP pages and then retesting your scenario.

If you mean deleting all the .java and .class files under the 'work'
directory of Tomcat, I tried that before I posted the first time. :(

I also tried the non-el tags (<html:form> rather than <html-el:form>) and
the same thing happens:

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/jsp/chooseProfileBody.jsp] null'

Dropping back to 1.1b3 makes everything work fine.

This is on Tomcat 4.1.20. I'm just wondering whether I'm all alone and need
to come up with some sort of example that demonstrates the problem or if
anyone else is seeing this with 1.1-rc1?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.