David wrote:
> What about 4.1.18?  4.1.20 isn't a release build so it's possible that
it's
> a bug in the container.

Nice try. :)  It happens with 4.1.18 as well.  (I figured it would as my
coworker with the ActionForward NPE is using 4.1.18.)

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/jsp/chooseProfileBody.jsp] null'

In a different message, David wrote:
> It would really be useful if you could step through this in the debugger
and try to see
> what's happening, starting at the (expected) call to the attribute setter
in the form tag
> up to that line in RequestUtils where the "action" parameter is apparently
null.

What do you mean by "action" parameter?  I use "action" to control a
LookupDispatchAction, but this one (ChooseProfileAction) is a plain old
Action.

I do see this in the list of Request Attributes:
org.apache.struts.action.mapping.instance (is mapped to) ActionConfig
[path=/chooseProfile,input=choose.profile,name=chooseProfileForm,scope=reque
st,type=edu.asu.vpia.struts.ChooseProfileAction

I also see two request attributes pointing at the same form bean:
chooseProfileForm (is mapped to)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN (is mapped to)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've compared all the request/session attributes between the working and
non-working versions, and the duplicate mapping above is the only
difference.  In particular, nothing is *missing* from the non-working
version, so I don't see what could be null.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.