I'm referring to the method which is throwing the exception, which is
"RequestUtils.getActionMappingName()".  Line 577 is a reference to the
"action" parameter, and is the only likely source of an NPE on that
line.  If you were to trace the execution path in your debugger, you
should be able to verify that it is the "action" parameter that is null,
and tracing from the setter calls on the tag up to here should give you
a clue why it is null.