I found JSR-168 lacking.
I have been using "Tile 201" like things for a long time to give me a lite and fast version of "Portlets" features.
http://blogs.browsermedia.com/patrick/index.do?date=20030211#130200

.V

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

is there an intention to implement the JSR-168 (Portlet API) into struts?

In my opinion three important features like multiple output formats with XSLT, workflows and the support of portlets would be very important for the future.

The ability to create standardised portlets with struts would be very interesting. I think the the actions and jsp are not much mightful for the future. The development of the jsp/action with tiles a.s.o. is fine but too slow and theres still a limited reuse. In my opinion there should/could be more abstraction for project comprehensive reuse. Such portlets could create configurable components with jsp/actions and beans. I dont have access to the portlets specification, but I am sure that this aspects are included there.

Any comments?

Juraj