--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are certainly people in the
> world who have done this sort of thing already
> (Liferay, BasicPortal, etc.) for non-JSR-168
> portlet APIs, so it's clearly feasible, and it's a
> pretty good idea.  But, from my perspective, this
> sort of thing is actually a Struts-based
> application, rather than part of the framework
> itself.

Thanks for the insight. Now I understand what the role
of Struts would be regarding the Portlet API. In this
case I have another question to follow. If Struts will
hopefully provide a "framework for building
Struts-based portlets", how do you find the idea of
cultivating interest for open-source programmers to
work on a Struts-based portal server under the Jakarta
umbrella? As you say, there are already people who
have implemented Struts-based non-JSR-168 portal
servers such as Liferay and BasicPortal. I think that
it would be wonderful if there could be a joint effort
to create an open-source Struts-based portal server
under Jakarta, as an alternative to JetSpeed. What do
you think?

Thanks,
Mete