From: Mark Galbreath [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2003 22:06
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: DateUtilities for ActionForms?

java.sql.Date is a subclass of java.util.Date (as is java.sql.TimeStamp) and
as far as I can see, is the only reason for the latter's existence.  As
David Flannigan points out in "Java In A Nutshell, 4th Ed" (O'Reilly 2002),
p. 654: "Since Java 1.1 many of the methods in the Date class have been
deprecated in favor of the methods of the Calendar class."  java.sql.Date
exists simply to pass milliseconds through JDBC to and from a database.

Mark