From: Gareth Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: DateUtilities for ActionForms?

If you want to use Locale aware conversions perhaps you should be using LocaleBeanUtils rather than BeanUtils. You should be able to convert a string to a date as follows:

java.util.Date myDate = (java.util.Date)LocaleConvertUtils.convert("18 Jan 2003", Class.forName("java.util.Date"));

If you change your form-properties to strings, copyProperties() should automagically do the String->Date conversion for you - although I think it uses toString() for Date->String so you'd need to use the DateFormat class and some locale information you have about the user (request.getLocale()?) to reformat the string.

Gareth

Mick Knutson wrote:

I looked at the javadocs, but I just can't seem to understand how to
use that. I looked at the struts source, but that is never used there.
Does anyone have a working example of this?

---
Thanks...
Mick Knutson
---