>Isn't GenericDataSource deprecated?
>Yes, it will be removed in 1.2 but is included in
>1.1 for backward compatibility.

The one included is not the same as what is in RC1, though, correct? I'm
just trying to figure out exactly what is changed and what I need to start
experimenting with...

I'm not sure what Ted changed but you may be correct that it's not exactly the same. You can still use DBCP, Struts just won't distribute it any more.

> I recommend using the package distributed with either your > container or your database.

If you tie your app to your coontainer, then it's not very portable, no? I
can develop in Tomcat and publish to JRun with no problems, and I like to
maintain that :)

You're not tying your app to the container because you configure the DataSource implementation entirely in JNDI (my preference) or struts-config.xml.

David

I suppose for now a good plan would be to use GenericDataSource and research
more reliable and portable options for conn pooling in the future? Perhaps
by then DBCP will be cleaned up and a good stand-alone alternative.

Matt Kruse