----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Kienenberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: Is there a way to disable the browser's Back button
withoutsending an http request?

> Jing Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > When a user watches movies using a VCR, if the user touches
> > a wrong button by accident and the VCR gives a message like
> > "You have to replay the move from the beginning"
> > Would people consider the interface of the VCR good?
> > Could the VCR be improved to ignore irrelevant button's actions?
> >
> > I believe we will have answers.
>
> Actually, my very-expensive Sony VCR beeps three times when you push a
wrong
> button by accident, even while playing.
>
> Sometimes having any feedback is better than having no feedback :)

A question about your Sony VCR: does it allow you to continue from the
places where it get interrupted?

A similar question about your web application:
Assuming all pages are set to no-cached,
does it allow end users to continue the application flow after
the "Page has Expired ..." feedback?

I am interested in the answer to the second question and encourage
anyone to do a REAL experiment with your web application and find out
what is happening.

> -Mike

Jing
Netspread Carrier