sounds like you want to display an image instead of a submit button.

html has provision for such things..

<input type="image" src="mybutton.gif">

in struts tags this is

if you have many employees in one form then you want to use indexed properties or mapped backed form using the id as your key. [Other keywords nested beans, nested forms]

otherwise if there's just one employee use a hidden form value.