I said no such thing about javascript.

I'm in the httpsession != evil school and I'd say this isn't an occasion where you'd use it as you don't need anything to persist beyond the request (accept this default action thing whatever thats about).

The single action class as a type of command dispatcher sounds ingenious. But it has to be using a form property or request parameter otherwise the id in the link wouldn't do what you want. I can see how this has helped make life less complex :o) I assume it extracts a map iterates through is and then selects the relevant 'command' based on the map's contents.

You cant submit a form with a link without using javascript. You can use an image as a button, but thats another subject. I have no more suggestions than those I've already made, else I'll start getting urges to go out and score come crack in an attempt to save my teeth from all the brick-chewing.