+ several million..

But this wasn't the crack that was being smoked.

The literal question that was being asked was can i use a link to submit a form without using javascript?

The response to which was no.

Geeta's suggestion was the only solution to the problem as you'd store the lot in he session and use a request parameter as a hook to grab the puppies out.

But most of the problem seemed to be related to some misunderstanding about html forms, and request parameters and such like.

I'm sure that if the wiz-bang default action that i suspect contains a map iterator and selects a command, that the id passed through with the link would just as well be a form value. But several of us now require intensive dental treatment after all the brick chewing.