Heh, guys, there is no morality play here. LOL

The question is just whether or not the use of the session as a repository makes sense, given the host of problems that arise in that respect, and given that there are way cool solutions that need to be built without those problems.

Saving a USER in a session makes all the sense in the world. Users necessarily are SESSION related. That is NOT like saving a FORM, which is merely PAGE related. The user is just the sort of thing you should save in session. Is anyone saying you should not save a user in session? Since the user, unlike a page, or unlike whatever equivalent your use to a page, is necessarily involved in session scope, that typically would not only be proper, but best.

Michael