If you save it in request scope, then it will be gone afterward. That is your problem.

At 03:22 PM 3/4/2004, you wrote:
Michael McGrady wrote:

> There are no beans in returned JSPs.  In fact, there are no returned
> JSPs.  I assume you mean to talk about the response object.  That
> includes only HTML in your case, I am betting.

Yes -- that's what I meant.

> The client requests /login.do. What it means to say that "bean has > data in it" when a client requests "/login.do" is unclear to me.

Ok, when the client requests /login.do, then junkbean gets data, which
the JSP has access to when "returned" (or displayed) to the user.
Hence, the JSP is able to display the data present in the bean.

> You can return the user to any "screen" you like. That is merely to > say that you can choose the response object's content.

Right, but when doing so, I would like the response object to be able
to have access to the bean that has my data.

> >But when I do that, "junkbean" is nowhere to be found, > > I don't know what this means. Either "junk bean" is saved or not. > If not, and you want it, save it, although I would not.

No, this bean is only saved in the request object and nothing more.

Andy