I Believe you when you say Western Digital Drives are returned more than maxtor or seagate.

I have owned several hard drives. I have one 60 meg seagate that is now 21 years old. I used it with my Apple IIGS, which is now retired, but it worked fine. My Quantum that came with my s900 works fine and its 8 or nine years old now. I have an IBM and a Hitachi and a Maxtor and an IBM. All these drives work.

I have owned 3 40gig WDs and one 120gig WD. I returned on of my original 40gigs which flaked out and it was replaced. Of the remaining 2 one has died and the 120gig acts like it might quit.

The remaining good 40gig and the iffy 120gig are each in their own Firewire case.

I hope my 130gig Maxtor doesn't die because I went iTunes happy this weekend and decided rip my CD collection and my iTunes folder went from 10gig to 43gig. This does not inspire confidence.

Mark Murphy