I just had a WD 160 gig go funny on me this week.  I ended up losing some
data, all my email addresses irreplaceable pictures, ouch!  The file
structure or something went bad and none of my repair software could tackle
the problem.  I went and bought another one at Staples, a 200 gig WD for
$79.  I reformated the bad drive and reloaded it with software and now it's
working fine again.  I think maybe it was my software that got corrupted
rather than the drive going bad.  My 11 and 12 year old boys get out there
on the internet with this computer and are messing with those wierd teeny
bopper sites, and maybe some virus got on board and chewed up my software.

Anyway, I also think WD is as good as any, maybe better.

Still hanging in with 9.1.

Bob