William Morrison wrote:

Leonidas Jones wrote:
William Morrison wrote:
/snip/
Leonidas Jones wrote:
William Morrison wrote:
Well it looks like I'm definitely going back to 1.1.18, I was just
trying to write an email to someone and at first wanted to copy a web
site address from 2.0 browser into the body of the letter and couldn't
then after I manually typed it in I realized I should move it to
earlier
in the sentence and couldn't this really sucks, every time I would try
to paste it would put in something I copied earlier from outside
SeaMonkey.

This is a reported bug, but does not affect every user. I was just
happily copy/pasting in 2.0 with no issue at all.

Have you tried opening in Safe Mode, and see if it works there? If
not, have you tried creating a test profile to see if it works there?

Lee

Well, you misunderstand me. Safe Mode does not always reproduce the
effect of a clean profile. I am not suggesting that you set up a new
profile for permanent use at this point. I am only suggesting that you
set up a new profile as a test. You don't need to set up mail/news at
all. Just a new profile and do a quick copy paste in the browser to
see if that works. That will tell us whether or not the problem is
profile related or if it is the program on your system. Since it is
working fine for me on both Mac OS X and Win XP, I don't know where to
begin looking for the problem on your setup.

If you choose not to do the troubleshooting step, well I guess I can't
help you, much though I would like to. Good luck with it anyhow.

Lee
/snip/
Ok I guess I did misunderstand you and will try the new profile test
shortly but thought I would ask this first. I went to about :config and
did a search for "copy" I find that a setting for it reads like this
"clipboard.autocopy default boolean false" is this correct for this
setting? I haven't changed anything yet but thought I'd ask about it to
see if this could be my problem.

Good thought, but mine is set to false as well, and copy/paste works as it always has for me. That's probably not the culprit.

Try the test profile and see. If it does work, we can troubleshoot through your existing profile. If not, I'm not sure where we go, but there are a lot of hands here.

Lee