BeeNeR wrote:
On or about 12/2/2009 10:57 PM, question typed the following:
I think the Sniffing is a leftover from the Netscape /IE War . Thats
about the only way they could come up with Accurate Numbers ... Counting
the downloads of either Netscape or IE would not be that accurates as to
USER who actually use what they Download.
 The Good old days was when we Used Winsocks and Trumpet .

Yeh, the good old days.  When my PC running DOS 2.x connected to a SUN
server (Unix).  Had to use unix commands.

And after a while upgraded to DOS 6.2 and ran ProComm/ProComm Plus.

I still have the 720k disk that procomm Came on. Also have the 360k disk that Dos 6.2 is on. And the Floppy 1.44 with Netscape 1.1

What a world of difference.

Viruses ran rapidly from PC to PC after one floppy after another got
contaminated.

Yep - the good old days. (:<