On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:49:47 -0800, Rufus wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:44:15 -0800, Rufus wrote:
>>
>>> I do keep Thunderbird 3.x around just to evaluate it and I'm quite
>>> pleased with it - more so than I might have expected.
>>
>> There appear to be a very vocal minority of veteran
>> SeaMonkey1.1^WThunderbird2.0 users who hate, absolutely hate the new
>> SeaMonkey2.0^WThunderbird3.0 and are sticking resolutely to the old
>> version (or threatening to move to Outlook Express (?!?).
>>
>> Phil
>>

> ...that's sort of funny...given that it's about the reverse of how I
> feel about SM 1.1.18 vs SM 2.x.x...
>
> I installed TB 3.0 expecting to hate it, and ended up loving it compared
> to what got under my skin about SM 2.0.  First thing I noted was that
> their Mac presentation was far more "Mac-like" than the new SM
> default...and maybe that's what people hate most!

I suppose that it's what you are familiar with. TB3 was a big leap not
just in features but in significant changes to the UI. If you've spent
years burning TB2 into your muscle memory, you might get upset that your
favourite wossits aren't in their accustomed locations - even or
especially if the UI is more Mac-like.

Phil

[ ]I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you that?
* TagZilla 0.066.6