»Q« wrote:
In <news:bjkdnxm69sk-5fbwnz2dnuvz_sgdn...@mozilla.org>,
Rufus <n...@home.com> wrote:

»Q« wrote:
In <news:ykudntlrs7kqrpbwnz2dnuvz_oedn...@mozilla.org>,
Rufus <n...@home.com> wrote:

...ok, so now we're lead back to "code sharing" and "conspiracy theories"...which is it?
How do we keep getting back here?  I can't tell what conspiracy
theories you're talking about.
In that between Mozilla, Fire Fox, Goggle Chrome, Camino, Safari, et. al. there are SO many things that look the same and/or function the same. Which leads to the thought that many of these people are obviously cooperating and collaborating.

I don't see any evidence to support a conspiracy theory, just as I
don't when I notice Chevrolets that look a lot like Fords.

...ok...I'll drop "conspiracy" for "collaboration". If it's all open, I'd expect some "collaboration", and it's not like that's "wrong"...unless variety and options start vanishing.

Also, as you're using a Mac, most browser vendors try to make their
products follow Mac interface guidelines, which makes them look more
similar than they otherwise would.

But now they seem to be doing that for PC graphics too...like the new Default theme. Just being economical?

AFAIK, SeaMonkey doesn't generate any revenue.  Remember that what
kicked off this part of the thread was Phil noting that SeaMonkey
team cannot afford to hire people.
Yes - and that's my point. Mozilla, Fire Fox, Goggle Chrome, Camino, Safari, et. al. don't generate any revenue either - in that they are give aways. In the case of Google and Apple, they have corporate revenue streams and existing hires...so just what else does
Mozilla-corp DO that allows them to pay people, and why doesn't the SM
team do that?

I'm giving up on your questions about how Mozilla generates revenue,
since I don't think I could possibly make it clearer than the web pages
you've already read.  And without that, I don't know how to get into
your other questions.

Actually, someone else got me clued.  Just took the long way there.

--
     - Rufus