I rushed into ver.2 without unistalling ver.1.18 or learning about any
installation procedures or command line parameters and royally screwed things
up.  I had to reinstall WinXP because of disk file errors.  I routinely
reinstall XP anyway so it wasn't a super big deal, but I lost all my address
book entries and bookmarks and had to redownload months of emails from the
server.  Now I'm using ver.2 and am not happy with all the bugs.  Not sure
whether to stick with Seamonkey or shift over to Firefox or Opera and
Thunderbird.  For the moment I'm just hanging in there on the hope that SM2
will eventually even out.  And that's assuming that it will be supported
adequately by most websites.

I'd be glad to hear what others are planning to do in this uncertain situation.

Mark Hansen wrote:

>  SeaMonkey will make sure no other instances are running, to make
>  sure you don't hurt yourself. However, you can run SM 2.X while
>  an instance of SM 1.1.X is running, by passing a special command-line
>  parameter - which I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. Perhaps
>  someone else will chime-in and provide it. It's something like --no-remote
>  (I think).
Close, it's "-no-remote" (only one leading minus) actually.;-)