Arne wrote:
>Agree, was my post in any way defending any browser sniffing?

You're too easy on developers who don't know WFT they're doing.
The *DEFAULT* should be **serve up a compliant page**.

Stupid M$ even treats the W3C Validator like it has 3 heads:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.bing.com/maps/
(Look at the "Address:" bar on that page.)

>All I said, was that there is those sites who sniff
>but at least they give the user an option to enter any way,
>other simply throw you out!

So, instead of being rock-head stupid,
they're just bonehead stupid.

WEBMASTERS,
JUST SERVE UP *COMPLIANT* PAGES BY DEFAULT.
If you want to sniff, then sniff for the **broken** browsers
(y'know, the ones Micros~1 builds)
and only treat **those** as "special" (as in "retarted").

BTW, you bunch of dim bulbs who can't seem to get it right
http://geckoisgecko.org/