On 3/31/2010 8:11 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

a Bunch of BS. I went in using SM2 on Mac OX.4.11. And it worked fine it
stopped three time to load buffer cache for quicktime. but other than
that worked just fine.

You weren't using Linux. You were using Mac OS X. Of course, it worked
for you.
Yes but the only difference is That the Mac OS just use the Apple's GUI
interface on FreeBSD UNIX. and by rights its shouldn't work as it been
reported it doesn't work on UNIX/Linux)

actually, it's a three part system: it has the Mach kernel taken from
NextStep at the very core, Then FreeBSD UNIX sits in the Middle then the
Mac GUI (Finder) sits on top.

I don't know if it freezes in UNIX. So far, only Linux. Maybe it's X-related in Linux? [shrugs]
--
"Since the world began, we have never exterminated. We probably shall never exterminate as much as one single insect species. If there was ever an example of an insect we cannot destroy, the fire ant is it." --an entomologist quote mentioned by Leonard Nimoy on In The Search Of: Deadly Ants (1978)
   /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)