Dick Hoffman wrote:
Lemuel Johnson wrote:
Dick Hoffman wrote:
I'm using SM 2.0.4 on a Windows XP-SP3 system. I have no extensions
installed. When trying to view the video at the site
http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are/video/susan-sarandon/1222188/

the site loads so far and then stops with either "Done" or "Read
www.nbc.com" at the bottom left of the screen. The video does not play
although the peacock's tail changes colors from time to time. I looked
at "about:plugins" and it says I have version 10.0 r45 of the Adobe
Flash Player installed and a Windows Explore search shows I have only
one copy of NPSWF32.dll on the system. IE 8 has no problem playing the
video. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dick

They sniff for "MSIE", "Firefox" and "Safari". If they don't find one of
those they fail. (JavaScript throws error: "this.browserDetection() has
no properties")

Video works for me if I use User Agent Switcher to spoof Firefox. SM
1.1.18, Windows XP-SP3.

lj
Thanks for your quick replies. Nice to know it's not my installation
that's at fault. Guess I'll break down and install the User Agent Switcher.
Dick
Maybe I spoke too soon. I installed the User Agent Switcher, switched to IE7 and tried to load the video. I got a different appearing page but the video still did not play. Also tried IE8 setting with same result. Deinstalled the Switcher.
Dick