Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Arnie Goetchius wrote:

Here is what I use on Verizon FiOS for SMTP:

Server Name: outgoing.verizon.net Port: 587 User Name: Joe.example
(note: not joe.exam...@verizon.net) Secure Authentication: No
Connection Security: None

On the Connection Security = None: that is the only way I can get
it to work for Verizon. Everybody else wants you to select SSL/TSL
but Verizon wants "None"

Thanks, but I don't have a Verizon account. I'm just temporarily
piggybacking on my host's connection while I'm living in his house.

Still, I'll try setting up another SMTP server as if I did and see if
that works.

Nope, no go. It wants my password, and of course I don't have one.

I also have an account with Yahoo. I have no problems receiving or sending email using the Yahoo SMTP and POP3 even though FiOS is still providing my internet connection. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.