On 5/19/11 3:48 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 5/19/11 3:12 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>> Fri, 20 May 2011 01:08:07 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
>>
>>> It appears the saved password is not prefilled if there's
>>> autocomplete="off" attribute in/on the form. The nsLoginManager.js
>>> hack doesn't appear to work for me using my primary long time
>>> profile, but trying a fresh new one appears to prefill the password
>>> with <https://www.caloaks.com/>. Have you tried creating a new
>>> profile to try with?
>>
>> Starting in safe-mode appears to make it work with my primary
>> profile, also, so it must be some of my extensions interfering with
>> that - you may try starting in safe-mode to verify if it makes any
>> difference for you, too.
>>

> In Safe Mode, I had no passwords.  Furthermore, all my saved passwords
> were erased!!!  Worse yet, when I log onto a site -- even a site that
> does not block the saving of passwords -- I get no option to save my
> password.

I reverted back to SM 2.0.14 and restored my profiles from a backup.
Then I again upgraded to SM 2.1RC1.  (Huge bother!!)  This time, I
avoided tweaking nsLoginManager.js (which is zipped into omni.jar).

In Safe Mode, my passwords were NOT erased.  However, split logins still
do not work even though the passwords are saved in Password Manager.
Now (without the nsLoginManager.js tweak) I am not asked for my master
password by Vanguard, but I am still asked for it by CalOaks Bank.

I also notice a minor strangeness.  When logging into the Vanguard site,
I click on the input area for my user ID.  That does not put the focus
in that input area.  I have to click a second time before I can enter my
user ID.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.