On 5/17/11 7:36 AM, I previously wrote in part:

> What has happened is that I have now lost all my passwords!  This
> happened yesterday.  I'm thinking of trying something extreme.  After
> saving the SM 2.1RC1 profiles on another hard drive, I'm going reinstall
> SM 2.0.14 and restore my old profiles from a backup I took last week.
> When I know that SM 2.0.14 works, I will do a new backup (something I do
> every Tuesday or Wednesday) and then reinstall SM 2.1RC1 over SM 2.0.14,
> selectively copying some of the saved SM 2.1RC1 profile files (e.g.,
> chrome CSS, install.rdf, user.js) into the profiles.

I was successful in reverting back to SM 2.0.14.  I have been using it
all day today with only two glitches.

Glitch #1:  I had to install the extension Show Password On Input 0.1.3
(referring to the master password), which previously was installed in
the SeaMonkey root and thus was not in the restored profiles.

Glitch #2:  I had to edit file nsLoginManager.js in the components
folder of the SeaMonkey root to enable saving login user IDs and
passwords when Web pages try to disable such saving (per
<http://cybernetnews.com/firefox-remember-passwords/>).

I will try re-installing SM 2.1RC1 after I do this week's backups,
either tonight or tomorrow.  Then, any attempts to work with Password
Manager will be in a special test profile.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.