On 5/16/11 10:31 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Mon, 16 May 2011 18:12:08 -0700, /David E. Ross/:
>> On 5/16/11 2:11 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>>
>>> ... you may try the attached sample with SM 2.1:
>>
>> I did not get any option to save my password.  Although my preferences
>> show a checkmark in the checkbox for "Remember passwords", this
>> capability now seems quite dead for me, even where the user ID and
>> password appear on the same Web page.
>
> It appears something related to your setup.  Could you try creating
> a new profile to see whether it would make any difference with it?

I created a new profile.  I set a master password in that profile.  I
dropped an HTML export of my bookmarks into the profile and tried
several logins, all of which involve the user ID and password on the
same page.  None of the logins prompted me for saving the user ID and
password.

Then I tried your two pages, with split login.  Again, I was not
prompted for saving either the user ID or password.  It appeared,
however, that the user ID was remembered.  When SeaMonkey returned to
username.html and I clicked in the input area, I got a selection list of
one entry that was the user ID.

What has happened is that I have now lost all my passwords!  This
happened yesterday.  I'm thinking of trying something extreme.  After
saving the SM 2.1RC1 profiles on another hard drive, I'm going reinstall
SM 2.0.14 and restore my old profiles from a backup I took last week.
When I know that SM 2.0.14 works, I will do a new backup (something I do
every Tuesday or Wednesday) and then reinstall SM 2.1RC1 over SM 2.0.14,
selectively copying some of the saved SM 2.1RC1 profile files (e.g.,
chrome CSS, install.rdf, user.js) into the profiles.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.