W3BNR wrote:
On 5/29/2011 3:41 PM Robert Kaiser submitted the following:
Paul B. Gallagher schrieb:
For those few sites too stupid to sniff for "Gecko," why not just lie to
them and spoof FF?

That's what 2.1 does. And it's not beta any more, it's RC, which means
it's as good as release, with just minor adjustments to be made still.

Robert Kaiser

Personally I don't think we should have to lie about our browser. That
said,
I do use 'PrefBar' and spoof when I have to - but I still don't like to.

I normally e-mail to whatever site it is that doesn't like SM (the
webmaster or help desk) with the following text:

I think it is great that you encourage web sites to support SM!
But think of all the mobile "platforms" that would also like "support".

Most answers are:
"We only support the most common browsers."

This is a necessary evil of "support" which means training expensive
people to answer (ofteh silly) questions!