Jan_Galt wrote:
>You consider Google, one of the biggest sites in the world, to be idiots?

Yup.
This topic has been covered in this group innumerable times.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SNIFF FOR BROWSERS.
Just make your stupid pages W3C-compliant.

If you are a pervert and insist on sniffing,
DON'T then serve up a You-are-a-doodie-head page.
Just serve up a standards-compliant page
and let the chips fall where they may.
(Frankly, if they are going to sniff then bitch,
they should go ahead and flag M$'s crappy browsers as turds.)

Disclaimer:  Though I use Google all the time,
the only time I see http://wwww.google.com/
is after I have used their complaint form to bitch about something
whereupon they use that URL as the landing page.

I use a previously-visited Google numerical IP address
already in my Address Bar and edit that URL to do a search.[1]
As a rule, their JavaScript and other stupid "improvements" don't
affect me.
...and I avoid DNS by going numeric.

I hear that in your Goggle preferences
you can also turn off much of the stupidity;
again, I do it all manually and precisely.
.
.
...and corporate size doesn't seem to bring with it any particular
smarts.
Micros~1 is also a huge outfit,
yet they are obviously too stupid to put out a product that doesn't
suck.
http://google.com/search?q=botnet+%22.13-million%22
.
.
[1] I also don't end up with a ridiculously long URL
that I have to pare down anyway if I include it in a post.
A keyboard macro app
can then insert the text-address part back in.