On 5/29/11 4:08 PM, Jan_Galt wrote:
> JeffM <jef...@email.com>  wrote :
>
>> Jane_Galt wrote:
>>> I keep getting messages from Google search, Adwords and other places
>>> that my browser ( SM ) is no longer supported.
>>>
>> When you encounter idiots who don't know how to build a website
>> properly,
>> you have options:
>> 1) Avoid the idiots permanently
>> 2) Complain to the idiots that they should learn how to do their jobs.
>> 3) Spoof your browser's user agent.
>>
>> As has been said, the newest version of SeaMonkey does #3 by default.
>> SeaMonkey users who *want* their browser to be counted accurately
>> think that is a BAD idea
>> and they will spoof **only** when absolutely necessary
>> (allowing non-idiots to tally them properly).
>> The choice is yours.
>>

> You consider Google, one of the biggest sites in the world, to be idiots?

When I was young (before Noah and the Flood, or at least in the late
1950s), I would sometimes criticize some large company.  My father would
reply that a company could not become the largest in its industry by
doing things incorrectly.  He stopped making such replies when I
mentioned the bankruptcy of the Penn-Central Railroad, the largest
railroad company in the U.S.

Also, see my signature below.  Google seems incapable of controlling
spam sent through its own services.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.