Daniel wrote:

Hey, Philip, is there a particular reason why you use the mail list?? Is it
just that you were unaware that you could get all these posts any other way??

If it's just because you don't know how, ask....there are any number of people
here that could advise you how to get to the newsgroup directly. Then you could
pick and choose which posts you read, rather than getting each and every one
delivered to your mail box.

Well, I just feel more comfortable using e-mail.  It is an everyday
part of my life, there is always an e-mail client running on my PC,
and I typically send or receive several messages per hour.  I also
subscribe to a number of online fora.  I just don't feel either the
need or the inclination to start using yet more media (Usenet news,
Twitter, Facebook, etc.).  I know that (for example), in the TeX
world, many people use Comp.Text.TeX; for them, that is fine; for
myself, I prefer the TeXhax mailing list.  It's really just a question
of horses for courses, and this particular horse just feels more
at home using the media that he has used for the last 25 years (or
more).

** Phil.

[Sent off-list to keep the list noise level down].