hawker schrieb:
So in SM 2.0 and before the sidebar search displayed the search results
in both the browser window and below the search input.

Unfortunately that's not possible in this way with the new search mechanism we switched to in 2.1 and later. This is unfortunate, but OTOH the older mechanism couldn't support the OpenSearch standard all other browser support, and in addition could not be independently maintained any longer by the small all-volunteer team SeaMonkey has.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)