Philip TAYLOR wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
 > This is unfortunate, but OTOH the older mechanism couldn't
 > support the OpenSearch standard all other browser support,

At the risk of sounding confrontational (which is not my intent)
"doing what all other browsers do" is not, I suggest, why most
of us use Seamonkey.

I think the point Robert was trying to make was not so much that we wanted to match other browsers there but to support an open standard for search engines (OpenSearch) that is widely used and has superseded the older one (Sherlock). This is also reflected on search engine selection sites such as addons.mozilla.org and mycroft.mozdev.org. Before version 2.1, SeaMonkey prevented users from using most of the alternatives listed there.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>