On 9/18/11, David E. Ross <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> My wife an I both use Windows XP SP3.  We both have SeaMonkey 2.3.3
> marked as our default browsers.
>
> On my PC, Web shortcuts on my desktop and in folders have the blue
> SeaMonkey icon.  On my wife's PC, the same shortcuts have the IE icon.
> We both have SeaMonkey as our default browser.  I have repeatedly tried
> to set the SeaMonkey icon for the shortcuts on my wife's PC, but that
> does not stick more than 1-2 seconds.
>
> Can anyone suggest how to make the SeaMonkey icon stick on my wife's PC
> for Web shortcuts?

Switching back to the IE icon after 1-2 seconds sounds like she's got
a background process running that switches the icons back.  You might
be able to compare the services you have running vs. services active
on her PC to figure out what it is.

What are you doing to change the icons on your wife's PC?

Regards,
Lee