On 9/18/11 12:34 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> My wife an I both use Windows XP SP3.  We both have SeaMonkey 2.3.3
>> marked as our default browsers.
>>
>> On my PC, Web shortcuts on my desktop and in folders have the blue
>> SeaMonkey icon.  On my wife's PC, the same shortcuts have the IE icon.
>> We both have SeaMonkey as our default browser.  I have repeatedly tried
>> to set the SeaMonkey icon for the shortcuts on my wife's PC, but that
>> does not stick more than 1-2 seconds.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how to make the SeaMonkey icon stick on my wife's PC
>> for Web shortcuts?
>
> Can we assume it's just a bad icon thing, the links do open in SM?

Yes, you are correct.  It's just that I really do not like IE.  When
servicing my wife's PC (e.g., backups, software updates), it annoys me
to see the IE icon for Web shortcuts when I see the SeaMonkey icon for
the same shortcuts on my own PC.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross