On 9/18/11 4:36 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/18/2011 03:18 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Are you refering the Start menu? If so, right-click on Start, select
>>> Properties, Customize, and then select 'SeaMonkey' on shortcuts.
>>> Screenshot is here:
>>> http://imageshack.us/f/101/screenshotyre.png/
>>>

>> No, I do not have this problem with the Start menu.  It's Web shortcuts
>> to specific Web pages.  Some of these are on the desktop, and some are
>> in various folders.
>>

> Ah, sorry. Like one of these?
> http://imageshack.us/f/692/screenshot1jzy.png/
> I dragged the google to the desktop. (Sorry, I don't use Windows much
> any more).

Yes, that's it.

> If yours is reverting to IE, then maybe a regedit?
> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/57176-45-shortcuts-desktop-work
> <quote>
> OK think I kind of found another method. This is similar to the one
> mentioned earlier by another poster.

No, I'm not having a problem getting the shortcuts to work.  By "work",
I mean they open the indicated Web page in SeaMonkey, which is what we
want.

> Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut
> Now, backup this key and then save as a REG file
> Then, delete 'InternetShortcut' key
> Open up Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Programs
> Choose "Reset Web Settings"
> </quote>
>
> That user of course was having issue with his not going to IE, but might
> be worth having a look.

I tried updating the icon in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut.  While
the setting sticks in the registry, the icons on the desktop remain IE
icons.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross